Tableside Guacamole at Home
You know that wonderful tasting tableside guacamole you always order at your favorite Mexican restaurant? Well, you can recreate it at home. Here’s how:
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled (optional), seeded, and coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 4 ripe avocados, preferably Haas
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and crushed to a paste
- 1 medium red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Toss the tomatoes with the salt and pour into a strainer. Let the tomatoes drain for 30 minutes.
- Peel the avocados and chop them into chunks roughly 1/4 inch on each side.
- Toss the chopped avocados with the lime juice and the chiles.
- Stir the garlic, onion, drained tomatoes, and cilantro into the avocados.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve at Room temperature.
Makes 8 to 10 appetizer servings
Vegetables Revised, by James Peterson